Monday, March 12, 2012

Sitting, waiting...

Our bus is already 27 minutes late so I figured I would have time for a post.. There is no way I would be able to live here in Poipet permenantly. For one thing I hate showering. I only shower if I absolutely have to. But here you get so sweaty and covered in dirt you definitely need one every day. Also, they eat huge amounts of white rice with every meal. Every day. I'm sick of it! There aren't many options for food here. Another thing about this city I can't stand is how everyone seems to be atleast 45 minutes late for everything. There are some things I will miss about this place though, - mostly the kids from Safe Haven. yesterday we taught them how to play 'heads up 7up' it was so much fun. - the tacky tablecloths! - the peppery scrambled eggs - fresh watermelon and grape juices. They don't sound all that wonderful but they were shockingly delicious. - being taller then almost everyone. It was very strange but I enjoyed it. - The fruit muesli bowls that are packed with sweet bananas, apples, papayas and pineapples! I just finished my last one. - ill also really miss all the staff at cho. My favourite part was teaching them how to bake cookies and cupcakes to sell in the cafe. The cookies were a huge hit! At the moment we are relaxing on the front patio of our hotel, waiting for the bus to take us to Siem Reap. We're excited for every day to be different from now on. And cant wait to wear shorts and tank tops again. For the last week we have been living in the same outfit of one pair of baggy pants and only one Tshirt each. Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment